Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"A Massive Dickhead"

Woo-hoo!
Kyle Sandlilands has left both buildings! I actually don't watch or listen to anything that he does, but every time I read anything about him, he seems singularly unpleasant.
It's a shame that it has taken this latest unsavoury saga (involving the interrogation of a 14 year old girl about her sexual history until she revealed she had been raped when she was 12), for network executives at Channel 10 and Austereo to get rid of him.
And, unfortunately, it seems that he, and many others including their so-called "listeners", don't understand that this latest issue isn't about the revelation of the rape - it's the fact that they were interrogating a 14-year old girl about her sexual history live on the radio. If the rape revelation had not occurred, Sandlilands would probably still be sitting pretty, calculating his next vile premise to get morons to keep tuning in to listen to him and his much more attractive, probably nicer, possibly vacuous sidekick (though, to her credit, it appears that she has tried unsuccessfully in the past to stop inappropriate stuff going to air).
Nonetheless, it appears to have sparked a dialogue about this type of "entertainment", and this this dude has some good ideas about protecting children in the future: Freedom of speech has limits when it's about exploiting children
The other benefit of this episode is that it reminded me of Dave Hughes' bit o' gold at the 2007 Logies, when he "said he was shocked Anthony Callea was gay, just as he was that Guy Sebastian had curly hair, Shannon Noll was a bogan and Sandilands was a "massive dickhead"".
I can't find the video of this online, but I did find this bit from Rove a little later, after Sandlilands said he wanted to punch Hughesy in the throat:



Apparently, their feud has continued, with a Twitter War erupting earlier this year, which Hughes again easily won.
I've been writing about this for far too long, so I'll wrap it up with this extra bit of gold from Jess McGuire from a few years ago: I Admit It, I Was Wrong.
Looks like other people have hated him a lot longer than I.
And I respect them for that.

2 comments: