Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy are the unemployed

Jesus said that, didn't he? That's gotta be the only reason the Catholic Church is trying to force one of its most popular priests, Father Bob Maguire, to retire.
I don’t know if I should support their position, knowing that actions like this could ultimately lead to the death of the Church, or support Father Bob, because he’s a good bloke.
Obviously, if I was religious, I’d be going for the position that destroyed the most people possible, especially people who have slightly different beliefs, because that's what religious people like. And that would mean supporting the Church's own-goal in this case of getting rid of good priests who don’t molest children and thus contributing to its own decline.
But I think I’m just going to have to support Father Bob on this, even though a win for him would mean priests such as he can continue preaching, thus allowing the Church to survive a little bit longer.
Call it my un-Christian values.
Good luck, Bob. Fight the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment