Monday, July 6, 2009

Le Super-Tired

Le Tour de France has begun!
Simon Gerrans was a surprise omission from Sastre's squad (methinks he was jealous of Gerrans' stage win in the Giro), but apart from that (oh yeah, and Contador's inclusion in Lance Armstrong's squad), it is ALL good.
Yes, EVERYTHING is good.

Oh - and Thomas Dekker getting done for taking EPO, despite not being on Cadel's team when the infraction occurred.
The time trial in Stage 1 around Monaco was great, with our man Cadel hangin' in there only 5 seconds behind Contador and Cancellara taking out a great win. Due to going out on Saturday night, I didn't see this until 5am, and, needless to say, Stage 2 was then tough to watch last night.
But that's ALL GOOD.
Because the Tour is back.
Bon chance, all!
Oh yeah, plus Allan Davis getting told to "Go Home" when Tom Boonen was brought back into his side was harsh, Quick Step, very harsh.
But it's ALL GOOD.

Note: If Contador wins a stage and does his finger pistol thing (instead of, say, pointing at his cock), I will punch the cushions on my couch SO hard.

2 comments:

  1. I am le watching le Tour at this minute. Love the countryside as much as the men in lycra. Also love seeing Cavendish win the sprints as the Isle of Man is where my Mum was born & some of my relos live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool!
    Cavendish is also my main man in my Fantasy Tour de France team!
    And Columbia High Road's efforts last night were astounding.
    PS I think I prefer the countryside a little more than the lycra...

    ReplyDelete