Friday, August 8, 2008

Alas, poor Marieke. I (thought I) knew her, Horatio...

Really? "Horatio"?

Anyway, the above heading is simply a reference to a recent article written by my formerly favourite blogger – Marieke Hardy, AKA Ms Fits of the now-defunct Reasons You Will Hate Me – and still quite talented woman about town: Alas, poor Brother, I knew you well. In said article, she laments the loss of, ahem, Big Brother, and provides shocking details of her efforts in relation to avidly viewing said blight on the television landscape.

(Pauses...then summons on reserves of strength to continue)

But, really, this was no revelation, and the details weren't that shocking – she had already admitted to her heinous crime (“'Big Brother', my secret shame”) and, at the end of the day, doesn’t really try to hide her penchant for all things trash (which is part of her charm).

And then, just yesterday, she pulled me back with this charming broadside aimed at Ben Lee: “Mothers of trash reality” (I can’t do it justice, you’ve got to read the article to get the context). I realise this comment wasn’t the raison d’etre behind the article – it was mere obiter dicta, if you will – but that’s what I got out of it…

Ah, Marieke. You’re a mystery wrapped in a twinkie.

Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment