Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Hardcore History Addendum ... Addendum ...

Long time readers (you know who you both are!) will know that I like putting stuff in chronological order (because it's fun and impresses the ladies).
So a couple of months ago I finally finished my labour of love of putting Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcasts into some kind of chronological listening order. But, of course, Hardcore History is itself an ongoing labour of love, and I knew I would need to update my list as new episodes come out.
Aaaand the latest Hardcore History Addendum episode recently came out - Caesar at Hastings, necessitating this update!
It's a cool little episode, very much in the Addendum vein of Hardcore History (i.e., weird stuff - this time a 'what-if' of Julius Caesar's army fighting William the Conqueror's at Hastings in 1066).
Fortunately, I happened to be going back and listening to everything in chronological order again, and was up to Thor's Angels (I think) when this came out - just in time to slot a 1066 story soon after. 
Thus, upon listening to that and the surrounding episodes, I've conclusively established that this episode should be listened to after Episode 10 ('The What-if's of 1066'). Ep 10 gets into a bit of the background of the Battle of Hastings, focusing especially on the English side of things, and Caesar at Hastings then builds on that, focusing a lot more (obviously) on the Norman army, as well as Caesar's army as it would have been a thousand years earlier when Julius Caesar crossed from Gaul (as briefly looked at in Episode 60: The Celtic Holocaust). 
So...yeah! A great episode, slots in nicely - get on it already!

The Hardcore History of the World according to Dan Carlin (Addendum)!
Note: Rather than include my notes about why I've put stuff in this order (which you can still read here), I've just listed them all below (with the newly inserted episode in bold) - linked to the actual episodes at dancarlin.com


No comments:

Post a Comment