Friday, January 22, 2010

I didn't do it!

There's a lot of angst in my hometown lately about classic music venues shutting down, and rightly so.
The big news this week was the closure of The Tote in Collingwood, followed a few days later by an announcement that The Arthouse on Elizabeth Street would also be closing.
It got me thinking about the great bands I'd seen at The Tote, like the Dirty Three and SixFtHick...and then I remembered that I had also played at The Tote!
As well as The Arthouse...

Hmmmm...
Other places our band had played included the Punter's Club in Fitzroy (closed), the 9th Ward in Flinders Lane (gone), Joey's in South Yarra and St Kilda (both shut), the Greyhound in St Kilda (no bands anymore), et cetera, et cetera...
We did have our CD launch in the Espy Gershwin Room, though, and that's still kicking on.
I, uh, hope I didn't just kill it, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment