Thursday, November 27, 2008

Democracy inaction in action

A few of my clowny mates have decided to run in the Council elections sweeping Melbourne this weekend, so I thought it was time to give them a plug.
Disclaimer: I can neither confirm nor deny the rumour that the one with the highest number of primary votes will win the noble prize of a slab.
First I'll plug Garpy, running in Maribyrnong, because he has the very easy platform to sell of: "A vote for Garth is a vote for fun!" And that's it!
Check it out
here.
The fact that he's done a preference deal with the former mayor seems to have got a few Maribyrnong noses out of joint: "Preference deal a joke". Surprisingly, on finding out Garth's position on fun, the former mayor was reportedly embarassed.
Speaking of embarassed, the other plug is for Joey Jo Jo, running in Richmond, and who seems to be taking it a little more seriously than is healthy. Without such a punchy campaign slogan, he hasn't been getting as much press as Garp, though he sent us this appearance in the Melbourne Times, when he actually turned up to a debate (possibly about mancans, I'm not sure about the specifics):

I might be helping hand out some how-to-vote cards for him Saturday, if I can't otherwise get out of it...
As suggested by a friend of the Rant, Mr Wendt, I will explain Joey's policies as "A vote for Joey is a vote for not Garth".
So there we go.
I nominate Garth as the Barack Obama of these elections, and Joey as the John McCain. Just because Joey is taking things as seriously as a hundred-year old man.
Get out, or stay at home, and vote, or don't.
PS I should point out there is no ranting in this post, so this could well be my first anti-rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment