Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cold-and-dead-in-the-ground-Play

I’m travelling for work for the next two months, on and off, and so last night I found myself on Qantas' 7:10 flight back from Canberra to Melbourne (and, no, this isn't a rant about Qantas - too pred-ICTABLE!! Plus they've got James Squire cans.)

Listening to the in-flight radio, as you do, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a bit of the Flight of the Conchords BBC radio series on “The Smile High Club” channel. Cracking stuff.


After that finished, I then considered my options to be either “Billboard” or “Rock on Q”, and I ended up settling on Rock on Q thanks to such gems as Cheap Trick’s “If you want my love” and Van Halen’s “Dreams”. Yeah! Cock it, Rock-et!

Maybe the station should be called (drumroll) “Cock on Q”!!

Sweeeeeeeeet cock pun!


Anyway, at the end of the flight, I flicked through the in-flight mag to see what I’d missed on Billboard, and discovered that my fateful choice had meant that I had missed an insipid offering (I imagine) from that excruciatingly mediocre band ColdPlay!

Whew! Dodged quite a bullet, there.

That band is cankerous. Who the hell's buying their albums?!?!? Please stop, because I don't want another near-miss like that again.

And thanks again, Cock on Q.


No comments:

Post a Comment