Friday, October 24, 2008

I know you are, but what am I?

I feel I must take issue with my man, Josh K.

In the last episode of Boxcutters, he stated that, these days, Saturday Night Live is not funny.

I beg to differ.

And my argument shall take the form of a series of video clips, collected from a series of tubes.

Check it (Yank ads and all, from the official site, no less).

For the next one, watch this clip from The OC first (unless you've seen the end of the second season already) - you can skip and watch from around 1:30 if you're short of time, you busy bee.

Then this bit o' gold, parodying the above:

I rest my case (assuming you could you view them - if you couldn't see the last one, try googling "Dear Sister" and SNL...)

And I didn't even have to resort to the Feylin stuff...

PS I know SNL isn't always the funniest thing on TV, but Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Maya Rudolph and Kenan Thompson, to name a few, are the mutha 'uckin' bomb, yo.

PPS If you think this post is just an excuse to post my favourite SNL moments, well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

PPPS You make a good point - I might need to look at less transparent ways of writing about stuff I like, rather than just ranting about stuff I don't. Maybe it's time I invented the anti-rant?

No comments:

Post a Comment